Oregon Health & Science University
Leadership Foundations Program (hrlfp)
The Leadership Foundations Program is an eight-week, eight session certificate series designed to provide managers with a broad understanding of the behaviors, tools, and resources needed to be successful in a leadership role at Oregon Health & Science University. The program addresses high-level management and leadership skills. This program does not address mission or position spe
Criteria to Attend
In order to be considered for selection into Leadership Foundations Program, you must meet the following criteria:
1. You are an unclassified manager or supervisor. Faculty are also welcome and encouraged to apply.
2. You have been in a managerial position for three months or longer, either newly-hired or promoted.
3. You are committed to attend the entire eight weeks and all eight sessions (please note that the first and last sessions cannot be missed. If the need arises, you may miss one session; however, you must make up this session in another cohort to receive your certificate of completion).
4. You have the support of your supervisor.
5. Final approval of your participation will be determined by your HR Director.
Please note that registration for Leadership Foundations does not guarantee your attendance. Participants must be approved. Contact Signe Bishop if you have questions.
Upon completing the Leadership Foundations Program, participants will demonstrate leadership and management skills to be an effective OHSU manager, which includes the ability to:
1. Network and build professional relationships with other OHSU leaders.
2. Manage and lead with emotional intelligence, confidence, and managerial courage.
3. Build high-performing, inclusive, and collaborative teams.
4. Manage the performance of others through feedback, engagement, and development.
5. Identify resources and new tools to use in your position and with your team.
There are 8 all day sessions. These session include:
1. Getting Started
2. Leading with Emotional Intelligence
3. The Employment Relationship, Part 1: Leading in a Union Environment
4. Hiring Your Team
5. Coaching and Developing Your Employees
6. The Employment Relationship, Part 2: Managing Performance
7. Engaging Employees & Building Teams
8. Putting It All Together
Dates for Upcoming Leadership Foundations Cohorts
Thursday, April 10th
Thursday, April 17th
Thursday, April 24th
Thursday, May 1st
Thursday, May 8th
Thursday, May 15th
Thursday, May 22nd
Thursday, May 29th
Thursday, August 21st
Thursday, August 28th
Thursday, September 4th
Thursday, September 11th
Thursday, September 18th
Thursday, September 25th
Thursday, October 2nd
Thursday, October 9th
Tuesday, October 21st
Tuesday, October 28th
Tuesday, November 4th
Tuesday, November 11th
Tuesday, November 18th
Tuesday, November 25th
Tuesday, December 2nd
Tuesday, December 9th
OHSU: Diverse in People and Ideas
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. OHSU provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. We are proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization.
1. The cost to participate in Leadership Foundations is $450.00 (your department will not be charged until you have been selected to attend).
2. Leadership Foundations Program is held at George Fox University in Portland, OR.
3. Lunch and snacks are provided.
4. Sessions are held from 9:00am to 4:00pm.
Registration & Contact Info
Click below to view the dates and to register for an upcoming cohort. If you have questions, please contact
Signe Bishop at
8/21/2014 George Fox University
10/21/2014 George Fox University
There is no self-paced learning available for this course.
Copyright © 2014