Oregon Health & Science University
CWE Center: Make the Most of Your Meetings (CWEC:MMYM)
This interactive course will engage participants in the four steps of effective meeting facilitation; plan, prepare, manage and follow-up. By examining effective meeting facilitation, participants will walk away with tools to apply back on the job and with their work teams. This class incorporates meeting tools learned in the CAP (Change Acceleration Process) class.
How many meetings do you attend each week? How useful are these meetings? By participating in this interactive course, you will learn a four step meeting facilitation method designed to result in purposeful, effective and collaborative meetings. The four steps; plan, prepare, manage and follow-up, will be supported with practical tools and templates that you will be able to apply back on the job and with your work teams. This class incorporates meeting tools learned in the CAP (Change Acceleration Process) class.
• Types of Meetings
• Meeting Participant Roles
• Decision Making
• Agenda Planning
• Managing Challenging Situations
• Closing a Meeting
Who Should Attend?
• Employees interested in participating in purposeful, effective and collaborative meetings.
How Will I Benefit?
1. Utilize a four step facilitation method to apply in meetings
2. Identify challenging meeting behaviors and gain tools to moderate them
3. Practice effective meeting facilitation skills to apply in the workplace
What Participants are Saying:
• 'Practicing the Meeting Roles got me more comfortable as a Presenter. I loved the colorful work book, everything was helpful. Managing Questioning was especially helpful. Overall training highlighted importance of 'stepping up' and 'stepping back.''
• 'The invested time was valuable - often we only contribute minimal amounts of time to a topic in brief training sessions. Having a solid 3 hours to step out of the normal office environment blended with the activities made it a very engaging deep dive.'
5/22/2014 Mac Hall
There is no self-paced learning available for this course.
Copyright © 2014