Oregon Health & Science University
CWE Center: Transforming Conflict (CWEC:TC)
This is the final class of the 3-part Conflict Management Series and ties all the classes together by connecting elements of conflict and completing the practice of skills needed to use the 5 Steps to Resolution effectively. The focus is primarily on identifying the underlying needs that drive our conflict behavior and reframing the conflict and the conversation to open constructive and transformative possibilities. Material will be explored through reflection, group work and role playing.
• Connect Elements of Conflict
• Identify Conflict “Drivers”
• Practice Perspective-taking
• Craft an Umbrella Statement
• Practice the Five Steps to Resolution
Who Should Attend?
• Employees who have completed 'Building Conflict Competence' class
• Those who want to deepen their understanding and skill in dealing with conflict in the workplace
How Will I Benefit?
• Learn how to access the beneficial aspects of conflict
• Learn how to problem-solve for maximum gains for all involved
• Add the dimension of multiple perspectives to your understanding of conflict
• Observe and practice communicating effectively in a conflict situation
What Participants are Saying:
•'Class materials can be applied many times, to many circumstances. The group exercises are neat; they get everyone talking to each other. I like to think these classes are not only helping us as individuals, but the variety of staff in one class also builds teamwork for OHSU as a whole.'
•'I liked the emphasis on the origins of conflict: someone isn’t getting their needs met.'
•'The discussions and role playing were most valuable.'
7/10/2014 CHH - Center for Health and Healing
There is no self-paced learning available for this course.
Copyright © 2014