Oregon Health & Science University
CWE Center: Myers-Briggs for Career Success (CWEC:MBCS)
Learn about your personality type using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), a powerful assessment for helping people better understand themselves, their unique strengths, and how they can be at their best in the workplace. Participants in this workshop will receive a personalized printout of their MBTI results, a professional interpretation, and tips for applying their results to enhance effectiveness in their work lives.
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) is a powerful assessment for helping people better understand themselves, their unique strengths, and how they can be at their best in the workplace. Participants in this workshop will receive a personalized printout of their MBTI results, a professional interpretation, and tips for applying their results to enhance effectiveness in their work lives.
Participation requires completing the 30-minute MBTI Assessment online prior to attending the workshop. Further details provided upon registration.
I. Overview of Type Theory and Applications for Career Success
II. Introduction to the MBTI
IV. Review MBTI Career Report
a. MBTI and Career Choice
b. MBTI and Work Adjustment
V. Activity: Applying Type in the Workplace
VI. Action Planning for Career Success
VII. Summary, Resources
Who Should Attend?
• Employees who would like to gain greater understanding about themselves, leverage their natural strengths, and be more effective at work and in life.
• Employees who are new to MBTI® Personality Type or who would like a refresher.
• Employees interested in taking proactive steps to stay engaged in their careers.
• Employees feeling stuck or dissatisfied in their current position who are ready to take steps towards a more satisfying work life.
• This course is designed for and available to individual contributor employees (non-managers)
How Will I Benefit?
• Assess and describe your personality strengths, characteristics, and potential areas of growth.
• Recognize normal personality differences and make adjustments to work more effectively with co-workers.
• Select appropriate opportunities for career choice and/or work adjustment using the MBTI Career Report.
• Write a plan of action to apply MBTI results to increase your career success.
What Participants are Saying
• Very helpful and fun overall…was a great class and would recommend it to others.
• This has opened my eyes…on my future job choices and will help me in working with others that may not be the same personality type
• Awesome training! Gave me a great start in evaluating where I'd like to go in my career.
• The group exercises were brilliant in illustrating the differences between personality types. Well done!
• This class will help me to communicate my ideas more strongly and be more assertive
• I gained a better understanding about myself and how to step outside of my box.
• I recognize how and why other personality types prefer to work differently than I do.
• Interactive group activities foster communication and sharing of ideas, which bring the workshop concepts alive.
• I am completely satisfied with this training and the things that I learned - it has all been very helpful and I would recommend the class to anyone.
• Helps me understand my boss more, and why I've been questioning my choice of profession for a long time now.
5/22/2014 SON - School of Nursing
There is no self-paced learning available for this course.
Copyright © 2014