Oregon Health & Science University
CWE Center: Handling High Conflict Behaviors (CWEC:HHCB)
Learn how to respond effectively to high conflict behaviors in the workplace. This training draws from a toolbox specifically for managing highly-charged expressions that challenge our professional sensibilities, such as yelling, blaming or insulting. Leave with increased understanding and 10 practical skills for managing high conflict behaviors.
Most of the conflicts we encounter can be dealt with effectively with tools presented in the
Conflict Management Class Series
. However, when behaviors escalate dramatically, we sometimes need to draw from a different box of tools. “High conflict behaviors” in the workplace often violate expectations of common decency and professionalism, leaving us at a loss for how to respond. This class will provide information and tools for managing the high or exaggerated conflict behaviors. This often involves doing the exact opposite of what we feel like doing! Participants will explore what might be driving high conflict behaviors and will practice key techniques for addressing them effectively. You will walk away with increased understanding and 10 practical tips for managing high conflict behaviors in the workplace.
• Recognizing High Conflict Conditions
• Understanding High Conflict Behaviors
• The Brain Connection
• Practice 3 Key Response Strategies
• 10 Skills for Managing High Conflict Behaviors
Who Should Attend?
• This course is designed for and available to individual contributor employees (non-managers)
How Will I Benefit?
• Recognize and understand high conflict behaviors
• Learn how the brain influences exaggerated responses in conflict
• Learn 10 skills for managing high conflict behaviors
• Practice 3 key responses to high conflict behaviors
5/15/2014 SON - School of Nursing
7/29/2014 BRB - Biomedical Research Building
There is no self-paced learning available for this course.
Copyright © 2014