Oregon Health & Science University
CWE Center: Creating an Effective Individual Development Plan (IDP) (CWEC:CreateIDP)
The Individual Development Plan (IDP) is a process to help employees and their manager work together to create a plan for the employee’s career development at OHSU. After a review of the IDP tool and guidelines for effective use, participants will practice writing meaningful development plans, and gain tips for collaborating with their manager/employees on career development.
• Benefits of IDPs for employees, managers, and OHSU.
• Overview of IDP Process
• Identifying My Development Needs
• The 1:1 Career Development Discussion
• Selecting Development Actions
Who Should Attend?
• Employees who are interested in establishing a plan for their career development at OHSU.
• Managers and HR Professionals who are interested in this easy, effective tool to facilitate employee career development, employee engagement, and talent mobility at OHSU.
• This class is available to both employees and managers.
How Will I Benefit?
• Recognize the benefits and importance of career development from three perspectives: Employee, Manager, OHSU.
• Identify responsibilities, and resources for the IDP process: Employee, Manager, CWE Center.
• Write effective IDP development actions that are specific, measurable, and time-based.
• Develop strategies for involving your manager/employees in the IDP development process.
4/17/2014 School of Nursing
There is no self-paced learning available for this course.
Copyright © 2014